
It was an easy recipe, almost all from scratch but I didn't care for the end result but everyone else loved it, so I guess that's what counts. Once that was done, we ventured to Mom & Dad's to see uncle Dan & Gaea, who'd come out for the night ahead of slick roads. Gaea (pronounced Gia) is a Great Dane and still just a puppy. Despite her size, she's very mellow and loves any attention.


Thursday, uncle Dan came back to our house to cook the turkey. It had been soaking in brine overnight. Mom's oven was already full so no problems using ours. The proud chef:

Then it was time for stories and something else...look closely:

After 3 hours the question to be asked - is this thing done yet?

Back to mom & dads for food:

Yes, I did shop on Black Friday but just long enough to get the husband's gifts and few movies at Target. We spent the second half of the weekend in Minnesota playing with drums and cousin Garrett:


And that was about it. I found some great deals online today, Cyber Monday. I'll be waiting for them to arrive next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment