Friday, March 5, 2010

Sicktime Snuggles

Thursday night, we made a trek to the acute care as Mason wasn't feeling well - despite being perfectly fine at daycare. Whatever hit him came on around 6pm...we knew he had a high temp before going to acute care. Our diagnosis: a 102.5 degree temp and a double ear infection. Ouch.

He slept so-so Thursday into Friday and I stayed home with him today. His appetite is way down but he's drinking plenty and is pretty much living off applesauce, yogurt and his favorite mum-mum crackers. This afternoon, during his nap, he woke up sweaty and crying about 20 minutes into it. I knew he was still tired so I cuddled with him in the rocking chair.

And then I remembered - when I was sick, it always seemed to make you feel better if you could sleep in Mom and Dad's bed. So, that's what we did. Mason and I snuggled up on our bed. He fell asleep almost right away, on his side, his head on my arm and his nose to my chest. We slept for close to two hours.

I considered getting up and letting him sleep - but the moment was too sweet. I didn't want to. The laundry can wait. The dishes can wait. The toy picking up - can wait. A few weeks ago, another blog I read had a similar experience on it. The blog author referenced many moments where she was forgetting to "stop and smell the roses" with her young daughters. I remembered that today and realized - everything else can wait. Cuddles and snuggles with my little man are far more important, especially when he's sick.

3 comments:

  1. so true! it's hard to remember that sometimes! hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. You're so right about the housework. And about the magic of a nap with mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not fun with the sickies...hope they're all over now! cuddling is the best!! laundry duties...isn't that what husbands are for?? haha

    ReplyDelete