
A little someone is 1 today, officially at 9:27am. Our lives changed forever (and for the better) with his arrival. Mason was 2 weeks early....I had gone to the doctor that Wednesday because I wasn't feel well at all. Turns out, I was experiencing moderate back labor. The nurse told me I could go home, pack my bag(s) and come back to the hospital when we were ready. We went and picked up my mom, who had same-day surgery on some veins in her leg that day and poor Jon drove me and her back to Hartford. Grandma Jo was on the ball and had made us all supper - after supper, we went home, packed and to the hospital.
I was admitted around 8pm and had my epidural by 9pm. I was already close to 4cm along. Mom and Uncle Dan came to visit us as well that night - and they went home around 1am. With my epidural, I slept a bulk of the night into Thursday morning. Around 6:30am Thursday, I got the Ok to start pushing - a few bumps along the way but after 2 and 3/4 hours of pushing, Mason Stephen entered the world at 9:27am. He was 21 1/4 inches long and 7 pounds, 4 ounces! I don't think I could have made it the other 2 weeks. Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy, Auntie Meagan and cousin Garrett and a bunch of other friends and family came to see you as well.
Happy Birthday, Buckwheat. We love you with all our hearts and you are a wonderful baby - always happy, smiling and content.
So happy your little man is growing up. He's going to be a big boy someday.
ReplyDelete