
I've always used coupons...but last fall, I finally figured out the trick(s) to using to maximize your savings. Those tricks are:
1. Use a manufacturer's and a store coupon together. Most retailers (Target, Walmart) allow you to "stack" coupons. Recently - I used a manufacturer's coupon and a Target store coupon and got a canister of shave gel for 25-cents.
2. Use above coupons during a sale, if it all possible. Sales don't cycle here in the upper Plains as quickly as they do in other parts of the country. My mantra is something is better than nothing :) at this point. I never buy diapers or wipes without a coupon(s). In June, there was a coupon in the newspaper inserts for $2 off any size Pampers wipes...Walmart had them for $1.97 for those packs of about 65. That coupon made the wipes free. I hate Walmart but I will duck in there to get free stuff.

I get some sort of high when I'm able to get things for free or nearly free. On average, I'm using about $10-15 worth of coupons per trip to Target or Hy-Vee. We also do about half of our grocery at Target..but you have to watch the prices. I've gotten great deals there on yogurt, cereal, organic broth and dried pasta.
No comments:
Post a Comment