Sunday, July 25, 2010

Farmer's Market....

Finally. After saying since May we need to get to the Farmer's Market, we were able to get to one in Sioux Falls on Saturday. There are two in Sioux Falls - one at Falls Park and the other at 8th & Railroad Center downtown.

We started out at Falls Park, along with everyone else. While the produce was great, the prices, I felt, were expensive for what you were getting. We enjoyed walking around and bought a bag of green beans and that was it.





Next stop - the 8th & Railroad farmers market. This was more of our style! It's significantly smaller but that was OK. I was thrilled to see a vendor from a nearby town offering farm fresh eggs (cage free, grain fed, etc) for only $2 a dozen. That's a steal out here. Jon was bouncing off the walls because he found tomatoes. We are trying to buy as much food / groceries locally as we can. I'm trying right now to find a place to purchase pork & chicken from - preferably, all natural, not from a confinement operation. If anyone knows of anything in this area, please let me know. I feel it's important to know where your food is coming from, especially in this day of recalls.

All told, we purchased green & yellow beans, Yukon Gold potatoes, tomato, cucumber, eggs and sweet corn! The sweet corn was great - so tender. Can't wait to go back next weekend. The husband told me to stop taking pictures because I looked like a tourist...so here's the photo from the kitchen island:

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got lots of good food. I love going to the farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete