Our lives were interrupted almost two weeks ago when my Grandfather passed away. While it was sooner than we had expected, his health had been declining in recent years. The last 3 months have been very difficult for him....I'm glad now, that while I miss him, that he is without pain and at peace.
Grandpa was able to see all of children, grandchildren and great-grandchild one last time. I decided to not listen to my Dad and I went and got Mason at daycare and took him to see Grandpa at the hospital. To my surprise, Gramps reached up for Mason's hand. He knew who all of us were that day - to say he loved Mason is an understatement. I'm so blessed that Mason was able to meet him and his other great-grandmothers (he has 3). It's hard for me to realize now that both of grandfathers are with the angels & saints.
During the prayer service, my uncle Len reminded us of the following lessons that Grandpa instilled in all of us:
1. Family first. Always.
2. Church - be involved & active
3. Community - serve your community in some way
4. You are not above helping someone else.
I think my family (cousins, aunts & uncles) surprised the Pastor at the church in Montrose when after the prayer service, we all chipped in and helped set up chairs & set the tables for Monday. We didn't think anything of it, it's just what needed to be done. On Monday, the church ladies were a bit short staffed, so us grandkids helped get the food to the tables, our drinks and then helped with clearing the dishes away. I know Gramps would have been proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment