Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thankful

As the weekend comes to a close, I am thankful. Thankful for my husband, baby, family, friends. Thankful for my awesome church and it's wonderful pastors and the friends we've made there. I'm thankful for the guardian angel(s) who were watching over Mason this past week.
Mason reacted to his flu shot he had on Thursday. We were hesitant to give this to him in the start, but we decided that all three of us should because of the crazy flu season going on. Long story short - we got a nervous phone call from daycare on Friday as he was covered in hives / rash some worse than others. He was clearly uncomfortable too. We rushed him to our doctor who says he likely has an egg allergy - and that's found in the flu shot. I felt awful during all of this - I was hoping to help my child and in the process, appear to have done more harm. We were given some meds and we took him home - the meds worked like a charm.
The blessing in all of this - is that it was just a severe case of hives and nothing further - but still, nerve wracking. His guardian angels were definitely looking out for him.
He had a flare-up again today, which we were told could happen - mostly on his arms. I gave him a cool bath, more meds, more oatmeal lotion and hopefully it's more clear in the morning.
I'll upload a couple of photos from our date night on Saturday - my parents watched Mason for us so we could enjoy SDSU v. NDSU in football. It was chilly but well worth it. We enjoyed our evening together but were glad to see Mason when we got home.

1 comment:

  1. oh, my goodness! not fun at all! poor little guy...hope he gets over it soon.

    ReplyDelete